1.2 lb all flour wheat (all purpose recommended )
1/2 teaspoon cumin
2 oil cups or more for deep frying
Salt to taste
1 Roast the cumin in low oven heat for some time. (If it is seed form, grind it)
2 Mix cumin and salt with flour.Knead the flour mixture with 2-3 teaspoons of oil and water (as needed) to a dough.
3 Roll the mixture dough flat. Fold it. Roll it flat again. Repeat the process one more time.
4 Cut dough in diamond shape (2 triangles on top of each other). Make them around 1-inch in size or whatever you feel like.
5 Heat the oil in skillet or Chinese wok on medium heat.
6 Fry the diamond shaped Nimki until they become of a brownish.
7 Serve it hot or store in air tight container for days.
- Lamb Kothey (Deep fried Nepali MOMO) Lamb Kothey (Deep fried Nepali MOMO) Ingredients: Dough for wrappers:...
- Chicken Phuraula (Chicken Tenders Deep Fried in Spiced Lentil Batter) Chicken Phuraula (Chicken Tenders Deep Fried in Spiced Lentil Batter)...
- Samosa (Potato-Filled Pastries) Samosa (Potato-Filled Pastries) Ingredients: Pastry dough: * 2 cups all-purpose...
- Kathmandu Spring Rolls (Deep-fried Spring Rolls, Nepali Style) Kathmandu Spring Rolls (Deep-fried Spring Rolls, Nepali Style) Ingredients: *...
- Fried Lamb (Lamb tareko) 1 pound boneless lamb, cut into thin strips 2 tablespoons...