Sel Roti or Sel closely resembles Doughnuts. Instead of regular flour, Sel is made from rice. Sel is a very unique Nepali treat for everyone with sweet tooth.
2 cups long grain rice/Rice Flour
1 ripe banana
1½ cup sugar
2 tablespoon butter
pinch of baking powder
oil for deep frying
Wash rice well. Soak it overnight ( Alternatively, use Rice Flour if available)
Drain excess water (Does not apply if using flour)
Grind everything into semi coarse-smooth paste. (Add water if necessary or if using rice flour)
Heat enough oil for deep-frying.
Carefully using funnel, pour batter into oil into a doughnuts shape.
Fry both side by turning. Fry until both side are crispy and golden brown.
Drain excess oil.
Serve hot or cold.
- Samosa (Potato-Filled Pastries) Samosa (Potato-Filled Pastries) Ingredients: Pastry dough: * 2 cups all-purpose...
- Lamb Kothey (Deep fried Nepali MOMO) Lamb Kothey (Deep fried Nepali MOMO) Ingredients: Dough for wrappers:...
- Nimki(deep fried crackers) Ingredients 1.2 lb all flour wheat (all purpose recommended )...
- Rice Flour Pudding Rice Flour Pudding (6 servings) Ingredients * 4 1/2 c...
- Chicken Phuraula (Chicken Tenders Deep Fried in Spiced Lentil Batter) Chicken Phuraula (Chicken Tenders Deep Fried in Spiced Lentil Batter)...