Kheer (Vermicelli/Rice Pudding)
Make sure that the vermicelli is very fine (angel hair pasta is ok but the very fine vermicelli that can be bought at chinese stores is the best).
* 1 stick Butter
* 2 handfuls Very fine vermicelli
* 4 cups Milk
* 1 pint Whipping cream
* 1 handful Raisins
* 3 tblsp Sugar
* 4 Almonds (optional) peeled and thinly sliced
Melt butter in a 4 qt pot. Break vermicelli into 3″ pieces. Over low heat stir vermicelli into butter until it turns light brown. Pour in the milk and stir over medium heat until it boils. Put in the raisins, almonds and sugar.
Continue to cook under low heat for 10 minutes. Add whipping cream and continue to cook for a couple of minutes. Remove from heat and, when cool, chill in the refrigerator before serving
- Rice Flour Pudding Rice Flour Pudding (6 servings) Ingredients * 4 1/2 c...
- Suji Halva Suji Halva (Semolina Halva) (4-6 servings) Ingredients * 1/2 c...
- Carrot Halva Carrot Halva Ingredients * 4 lbs Carrots * 1/2 gal...
- Burfi Burfi (Diamond Shaped Milk cakes) Ingredients * 1 cup ricotta...
- Rasgoola Rasgoola Ingredients * 1 ltr Homogenized Milk * 2 tsp...