Rice flour Paste
1 cup Rice Flour
1/3 cup lentil paste
1/6 teaspoon salt
150 gram ground turkey or pork or mixture of both
¼ cup chopped onion
¼ cup green peas
1 tablespoon diced tomato
1 teaspoon diced hot green pepper
1 teaspoon garlic
½ teaspoon ginger
1 tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
1 damp cloth
1 flat pan with lid
Alternative Topping 1 Eggs
Alternative Topping 2 Ricotta Cheese and Sugar
Alternative Topping 3 Sugar
1) Rice Flour and Lentil Base/Paste
Lentil Paste: Soak black lentil in water overnight or until the black coating is easily removed. Remove black coating by rinsing with water.
2)Mix lentil paste with rice flour to make a thin paste. (little bit thinner than cake paste)
Mix everything well.
4 Heat the flat pan on medium.
5 Put the paste on the hot pan in rolling action making as thin of sheet as possible
6 Put topping on the paste.
7 Cook until the paste is done and serve hot.
8 Use the damp cloth to wipe out any burnt left behind.
9 Repeat from step to make another Chatamari, the New Style!
Adding some black lentil paste to the rice flour base, not only make makes the rice flour base thin but also makes it non-sticky to the pan. South Indian Food Dosa also has black lentil mixed with rice flour to give it thin crispy texture without sticking to the pan.
- Rice pancakes/ Chatamari Pancakes: Rice pancakes/ Chatamari Pancakes: 1 cup long-grain rice 1 cup...
- Lentil Patties (Wo) Lentil Patties (Wo) Ingredients 1 cup black lentil 1 table...
- Rice Flour Pudding Rice Flour Pudding (6 servings) Ingredients * 4 1/2 c...
- Stuffed Phuraula (Stuffed Black Lentil Patties) Stuffed Phuraula (Stuffed Black Lentil Patties) Ingredients: * 2 cups...
- Spinach and lentil Suruwa (Spinach and Lentil Soup) Spinach and lentil Suruwa (Spinach and Lentil Soup) (Note: Chicken...