Ingredients for sekuwa
- 1.5 lbs. Minced lamb
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons finely minced dill weed
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 3 fresh red chilies, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon roughly crushed black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Salt to taste
- Bamboo skewers (pre-soaked in cold water for 30 min.)
- Melted butter for basting
In the mean time heat charcoal grill, clean the grill surface thoroughly to avoid the sticking problem. Take 1/2 cup of lamb mixture on palm, and mold into 3-in. long sausage. Insert a pre-soaked skewer through the sausage. Repeat with the remaining lamb mixture. Generously brush all lamb sausages with melted butter. Grill the sausages, occasionally turning and basting with butter until cooked through, about 10 min.
Take off the grill and brush the cooked sekuwas with butter before serving. Arrange the sekuwas on the bed of rice pilaf and tomato-cucumber salad. Goes well with chili-cilantro chutney.
By- Bikul Koirala
- Fish Sekuwa (Classic Spicy Grilled Fish, Nepali Style) Fish Sekuwa (Classic Spicy Grilled Fish, Nepali Style) Ingredients: *...
- Himalayan Lamb/Goat Ingredients 2 lbs. Lamb chops 3 dry whole red peppers...
- Lamb/Goat Saag Ingredients 1 lb. Lamb, cu into 1/2-in cubes (can be...
- Lamb/Goat Butuwa Ingredients 2 lbs. lamb/Goat, cut into 1-in. pieces 2 tablespoons...
- Lamb Sekuwa(BBQ) Marinade Lamb Sekuwa Marinade (Nepali Marinade Used for Grilled Lamb Preparations)...