- 2 lbs. lamb/Goat, cut into 1-in. pieces
- 2 tablespoons freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons musturd oil for marination
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 5 fresh chilies, julienned
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 4 tablespoons musturd oil for stir-frying
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup lamb stock
- 1 cup fresh green peas
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup green onion, cut in 1-in. length for garnish
In a large bowl, mix lamb pieces, lemon juice, turmeric, soy sauce, two tablespoons of oil, and cracked black pepper together and let marinate for two hours.
In a non-stick pan, heat four tablespoons of musturd oil. Add fenugreek and fry till it turns dark. Transfer marinated lamb pieces to the oil mixture and browned it well over high heat. Lower the heat to medium and add garlic, ginger, and fresh chilies; stir well. Cook it till the lamb pieces are tender, periodically adding lamb stock to moisten and prevent from burning. Once the lamb pieces have become tender, add green peas and stir for 2-3 minutes.
Just before turning off heat, add green onions and one teaspoon of black pepper. Adjust seasoning with salt. Drain out any excess oil before serving with rice.
Recipe By : Tulsi Regmi
- Himalayan Lamb/Goat Ingredients 2 lbs. Lamb chops 3 dry whole red peppers...
- Ground Lamb/Goat Sekuwa Ingredients for sekuwa 1.5 lbs. Minced lamb 1/2 cup finely...
- Lamb/Goat Saag Ingredients 1 lb. Lamb, cu into 1/2-in cubes (can be...
- Lamb Chhwela Ingredients 2 lbs. 1-in. thick lamb chops (can also be...
- Lamb Quantee (Mixed Sprouted Beans with Lamb) Lamb Quantee (Mixed Sprouted Beans with Lamb) Ingredients: * 2...