- 1 lb. Lamb, cu into 1/2-in cubes (can be substituted with chicken)
- 2 lbs. Fresh spinach, torn in small pieces
- 2 cups onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1 teaspooon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 cup Nepali yogurt
- 1 cup lamb broth
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter Salt to taste
In a large bowl mix lamb meat with salt, pepper, cumin, coriander, turmeric, and chili powder. In a non-stick sauce pan heat clarified butter, splitter fenugreek until it turns dark. Add onions and sautee till brown. Put garlic and ginger paste, and stir for 1 min. until the aroma of roasted garlic comes out. Transfer the coated meat to the onion mixture. Stir and brown well. Add yogurt and broth. Simmer in low heat till the lamb meat is tender and the sauce has thickened up.
Increase the heat to medium, and begin adding spinach in batches. Let each batch of spinach wilt down before adding another batch. Increase the heat to high to evaporate all the excess liquid. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve with roti, or rice.
- Himalayan Lamb/Goat Ingredients 2 lbs. Lamb chops 3 dry whole red peppers...
- Ground Lamb/Goat Sekuwa Ingredients for sekuwa 1.5 lbs. Minced lamb 1/2 cup finely...
- Lamb/Goat Butuwa Ingredients 2 lbs. lamb/Goat, cut into 1-in. pieces 2 tablespoons...
- Lamb Chhwela Ingredients 2 lbs. 1-in. thick lamb chops (can also be...
- Khasi Ko Chwela (Smoked mutton) Ingredients 600 gm of Mutton 10 gm Ginger Paste 10...