(Asparagus Stir-Fried with Potatoes)
4 cups asparagus, cut into 1-in. pieces
2 cups potatoes, sliced
1 cup green onion, cut in 1-in. length
1/2 teaspoon fenugreek
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 tablespoon ginger, minced
1 tablespoon red chilies, minced
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1 cup tomatoes, diced
1 cup broth or water
3 tablespoons cooking oil
Salt and Pepper
In a large pot of salted boiling water blanch asparagus for a couple of minutes and transfer to ice bath. In a non-stick sauté pan, heat oil and fry fenugreek seeds until dark. Add potatoes slices, turmeric, salt and pepper and stir-fry until potatoes are well browned and cooked half way. Add garlic, ginger and chilies. Mix well to incorporate into the potatoes. Add blanched asparagus, tomatoes and broth; stir fry for five-seven minutes over medium-low heat until potatoes and asparagus are tender. Add green onions just before removing from heat.
- Eggplant Bhutuwa Eggplant Bhutuwa (Eggplant Stir-Fried with Potatoes) INGREDIENTS 5 cups eggplant,...
- Cauliflower and Potato Tarkari Cauliflower and Potato Tarkari (Potatoes and Cauliflower Curried with Tomatoes)...
- Chickpea Tarkari Chickpea Tarkari (Chickpea and Potatoes Curried with Tomatoes) INGREDIENTS 2...
- Paneer Bhutuwa Paneer Bhutuwa (Paneer Cheese Cubes Curried with Mixed Vegetables) INGREDIENTS...
- Mixed Vegetable Tarkari Mixed Vegetable Tarkari (Mixed Vegetables Curried with Tomatoes) INGREDIENTS 2...