(Eggplant Stir-Fried with Potatoes)
5 cups eggplant, cut into 1-in. pieces
2 cups potatoes, sliced
1 cup tomatoes, chopped
1 cup green onion, cut in 1-in. length
5 dried whole chilies
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 tablespoon ginger, minced
1 tablespoon red chilies, minced
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1 cup broth or water
1/2 cup cooking oil
Salt and Pepper
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (for garnish)
In a large pot of salted boiling water blanch eggplant for a couple of minutes and transfer to ice bath. In a non-stick sauté pan, heat oil and fry dried whole chilies and cumin seeds until dark. Add potatoes slices, turmeric, salt and pepper and stir-fry until potatoes are well browned and cooked half way. Add garlic, ginger and chilies. Mix well to incorporate into the potatoes. Add blanched eggplant, broth and salt and pepper; stir-fry for five-seven minutes over medium-low heat until potatoes and eggplant are tender. Add diced tomatoes and green onions just before removing from heat. Garnish with chopped cilantro. Serve hot with rice pilaf
- Asparagus Bhutuwa Asparagus Bhutuwa (Asparagus Stir-Fried with Potatoes) INGREDIENTS 4 cups asparagus,...
- Cauliflower and Potato Tarkari Cauliflower and Potato Tarkari (Potatoes and Cauliflower Curried with Tomatoes)...
- Chickpea Tarkari Chickpea Tarkari (Chickpea and Potatoes Curried with Tomatoes) INGREDIENTS 2...
- Paneer Bhutuwa Paneer Bhutuwa (Paneer Cheese Cubes Curried with Mixed Vegetables) INGREDIENTS...
- Vegetable Thukpa Vegetable Thukpa (Himalayan Noodles Curried with Vegetables) INGREDIENTS 1 lb....