Mixed Vegetable Tarkari
(Mixed Vegetables Curried with Tomatoes)
2 cups potatoes, cleaned, peeled and diced
1 cup onion, chopped
3 cups chopped assorted vegetables, half cup each (cauliflower, broccoli, mushroom, red bell pepper, string beans)
1 cup green peas
2 cups tomatoes, diced
1 tablespoon garlic paste
1 tablespoon ginger paste
1 tablespoon hot chili paste
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 teaspoon cumin powder
2 cups broth or water
3 tablespoons cooking oil
Salt and Pepper
3 tablespoons chopped cilantro (for garnish)
In a large non-stick sauce pan, heat oil and fry turmeric, cumin powder and curry powder for a few seconds. Add onion and fry until lightly browned. Add potatoes and fry until translucent. Add garlic, ginger and chili and stir thoroughly with the onion-potato mixture for five minutes over low heat. Add vegetables and stir for few more minutes. Add chopped tomatoes, broth and salt and pepper; allow simmering for 15-20 minutes until the liquid has thickened to a desired consistency. Add green peas just a couple of minutes before taking off heat. Garnish with chopped cilantro. Serve hot with steamed rice and roti (flat bread).
- Masaura and Potato Tarkari (Traditional) Masaura and Potato Tarkari (Potatoes and Lentil-Vegetable Balls Curried in...
- Cauliflower and Potato Tarkari Cauliflower and Potato Tarkari (Potatoes and Cauliflower Curried with Tomatoes)...
- Vegetable Thukpa Vegetable Thukpa (Himalayan Noodles Curried with Vegetables) INGREDIENTS 1 lb....
- Chickpea Tarkari Chickpea Tarkari (Chickpea and Potatoes Curried with Tomatoes) INGREDIENTS 2...
- Vegetarian Quantee (Curried Soup with Mixed Sprouted Bean) Vegetarian Quantee (Curried Soup with Mixed Sprouted Bean) Ingredients: *...